Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

yes on sideloading apps......i got my Fire today

This is a discussion on yes on sideloading apps......i got my Fire today within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Sweet mate on the go launcher! Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: yes on sideloading apps......i got my Fire today

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Sweet mate on the go launcher!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Activating this when I get my Fire tomorrow is going to be the absolutely FIRST thing I do with my Fire.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Yah, Go Launcher is working pretty nice. Not one force close yet. SPB shell was giving me quite a lot of force closes. I need a better keyboard. Although this one is being pretty darn responsive...I have to say!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Member #
    I downloaded thumb keyboard....that's what i have on my Thrive...but there is no way to select that keyboard......i can do select input....but right now there is no way to activate thumb keyboard.....if i remember right other keyboards ho through a setup process...maybe they will be able to open that aneroid window where i can select what apps i want to use for keyboards....

Will checkback and report back...

Will

DrivetheGreen66
    Quote Originally Posted by wcbales View Post
    I downloaded thumb keyboard....that's what i have on my Thrive...but there is no way to select that keyboard......i can do select input....but right now there is no way to activate thumb keyboard.....if i remember right other keyboards ho through a setup process...maybe they will be able to open that aneroid window where i can select what apps i want to use for keyboards....

Will checkback and report back...

Will
    I know the devs of thumb keyboard said a while back that Amazon said thumb keyboard wouldn't work on the fire

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Member #
    Where are you guys getting the apks? I used a file manager to back up apps on my phone (Nexus S 4G) and transferred the apks to my Fire. The apps I tried (twitter, flickr, and tapatalk) all worked, but the icon in the homepage carousel was distorted or very pixelated. Are you guys experiencing the same issue or is it possible the apks that I used?

Member #
    Here is a link to what I thought was a pretty good article about one way to sideload. I've been using it and it works fine. Apparently most apps that don't work are apps that require a log in, which is why I couldn't get Gmail to work. This method lets you sideload about any app you have on your android phone by backing up any apps you want to use with a file app, transferring them to your PC via USB, then loading them on to the Fire via USB. You then install and use the Easy Installer app on your Fire to do the installation. I'm sure there are other ways of putting .apk files on your computer other than transferring from your phone, but I haven't had time to research that.

How To Run Almost Any Android App On the Kindle Fire - How To Install Apps | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links