Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

EWELINK App On Amazon Fire 8

This is a discussion on EWELINK App On Amazon Fire 8 within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi... I'm trying to set up a new Fire 8 tablet. It has the Alexa app. I have several smart plugs and switches that use ...

Member #

EWELINK App On Amazon Fire 8

Hi... I'm trying to set up a new Fire 8 tablet. It has the Alexa app.
    I have several smart plugs and switches that use the ewelink app. That app, is not on the Amazon App Store, I tried installing Play Store on it, to download the Android version, but that wouldn't open, so I deleted it.I then tried using the Silk browser, to go to the apps web page, but the download there was just a jpg picture of a row of bicycles? Am I missing something, or is it not compatible? I would have though as it works with Alexa, there shouldn't be a problem. Any help gratefully recieved.... Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    Hi... I'm trying to set up a new Fire 8 tablet. It has the Alexa app.
    I have several smart plugs and switches that use the ewelink app. That app, is not on the Amazon App Store, I tried installing Play Store on it, to download the Android version, but that wouldn't open, so I deleted it.I then tried using the Silk browser, to go to the apps web page, but the download there was just a jpg picture of a row of bicycles? Am I missing something, or is it not compatible? I would have though as it works with Alexa, there shouldn't be a problem. Any help gratefully recieved.... Thanks.
    ??? You can't install the play store( to work) unless you install the whole Google framework, which is possible, but more or less turns your kindle in to treackle, you can side load most apps, by most I mean 99% of them, but a very few just wont work with out the Google frame work, some say they won't but do anyway,

Here is a link for ewelink , turn on allow apps from unknown sources( settings/ security ) and install and see if it works!!!

https://apkpure.co/ewelink/
    Last edited by jobo; 11-22-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links