Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Using Kindle Fire to Control PC Audio

This is a discussion on Using Kindle Fire to Control PC Audio within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi All, I am trying to find anyone that has used the Kindle Fire to be there remote control for computer audio. And, if so ...

Member #

Using Kindle Fire to Control PC Audio

Hi All,

I am trying to find anyone that has used the Kindle Fire to be there remote control for computer audio. And, if so what app worked the best. Here is more detail on what I am trying to do:

I have my PC connected to my stereo, via standard audio card out jack. The Stereo will then have two sets of speakers connected to it, via a speaker selector, with one pair inside and the second pair on the patio. When I am out on the patio I would like to use the Kindle fire to control the PC Audio so I can choose songs and playlists, pause, skip, rewind, etc. over the wifi network in my house. I have looked at a few apps, Twonky, gmote (does not work on Kindle) but wanted to see if anyone had gone down this road before I start experimenting. Using the cloud player on the PC is also available if there is some way to get the kindle to control the cloud player while it is running on another device. Has anyone had any luck with something similar?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by bmurn; 06-26-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Splashtop is an app that controls the desktop from the portable device. Basically your finger on the screen becomes the mouse. I use it on all my devices to remotely use my desktop

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I use TeamViewer which is also a Remote Desktop app (like the one mountainbikermark posted). I think it would be more cumbersome to do it this way then to physically go over and change the volume... unless I am misunderstanding what you're trying to do. I also use the AudioGalaxy app for streaming music from my PC to my Fire, but I think that's not quite what you're looking for.

-Rachel

Member #
    mbmark - Thanks for the suggestion I will give that a try and see how it works.

Rachel - Thanks as well. I am not planning to control the volume, at least not drastically, maybe just through what ever software I use for the audio.

I think with Teamviewer or Splashtop I can make this work. I will have to do a few manual things first like changing the stereo input and setting the stereo volume level, but then I think I can use the fire to control WMP, itunes, pandora, my cloud player, etc. on the PC to control the song that I am hearing on the patio. The volume control should give me some flexibility to adjust the volume as well, based off of the level set on the stereo.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
    Last edited by bmurn; 06-26-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links