Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Very choppy video on Netflix app

This is a discussion on Very choppy video on Netflix app within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; It seems only recently I've started having issues. The audio/video is very choppy. I've tried rebooting, re-installing the app, ensuring other processes are closed off ...

Member #

Very choppy video on Netflix app

It seems only recently I've started having issues. The audio/video is very choppy. I've tried rebooting, re-installing the app, ensuring other processes are closed off (whatever I can close off) and it keeps happening. My wifi connection is good and my internet speed is about 35mbps. Any ideas?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    FWIW, I'm getting this issue too..on completely different hardware: Acer Tab A500, A100 and my TMO Sensation, which suggests it's a Flash issue. It only started happening to me after my Acer's got ICS update, and I *thought* it was ICS-related, since I didn't have the issue on any device prior...but the fact my Sensation is still GB and it stutters like this suggests to me it's not ICS...wonder what's up? :|

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I doubt seriously that the problem lies with the KF, as the comment above about different hardware, altogether, implies. A couple of points. First, overall internet speed doesn't guarantee that dropouts and "re-sends" will not occur if there's interference on the line. i.e. Fast doesn't necessarily mean error-free. Second, the choppiness in the video above looks a lot like a server or bandwidth contention issue. Also suggested by alphawave7's comment. If marriedgeek's internet connection is via cable, my first suspicion would be that there is especially heavy traffic on the cable coming into his house.

Bottom line. I'd suggest talking to your isp before assuming the device is to blame. They'll no doubt deny that could be a problem but I've found if I hound my ISP (Comcast in my case) they'll send out a technician to look at the download speeds in my whole neighborhood. The last time it happened, the technician found that signal booster two blocks from my house had gone bad.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    I doubt seriously that the problem lies with the KF, as the comment above about different hardware, altogether, implies. A couple of points. First, overall internet speed doesn't guarantee that dropouts and "re-sends" will not occur if there's interference on the line. i.e. Fast doesn't necessarily mean error-free. Second, the choppiness in the video above looks a lot like a server or bandwidth contention issue. Also suggested by alphawave7's comment. If marriedgeek's internet connection is via cable, my first suspicion would be that there is especially heavy traffic on the cable coming into his house.

Bottom line. I'd suggest talking to your isp before assuming the device is to blame. They'll no doubt deny that could be a problem but I've found if I hound my ISP (Comcast in my case) they'll send out a technician to look at the download speeds in my whole neighborhood. The last time it happened, the technician found that signal booster two blocks from my house had gone bad.
    The connection is fine. Wifi is excellent, connection is fiber 35/35 (just my wife and I). Everything else plays netflix flawlessly. It's only on the kindle where it get choppy. It really seems as if the app is bogging down or some other process is slowing down the system. Usually on a fresh reboot it works better. Even just now I removed a couple apps and it played a little better. Others have reported the issue on other sites from earlier this year. Anyone else have it?

Member #
    Anyone else? It seems to go away once I reboot, but I feel I shouldn't have to do this when every other video app (youtube site, Ted, hulu, etc) runs perfectly. I don't have that many apps installed and can't seem to find anything taking up too much processor in the background. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Could the problem be on Netflix end? I don't watch it on my Fire but we've had trouble the last couple weeks getting our Wii and Roku to connect. A reboot of everything (including the router) always does the trick. I'm thinking about hooking our router up to a Christmas light timer to turn it off and back on during the middle of the night. I think it was Lifehacker were I read that tip. Hope you get the problem resolved.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling the newest version listed in a different thread in this forum?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links