Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alexa Skills - Fire HD8 7th Gen

This is a discussion on Alexa Skills - Fire HD8 7th Gen within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello, I am having an issue with many Alexa skills on Fire HD 7th Gen. Many of the skills don't result in the correct action ...

Member #

Alexa Skills - Fire HD8 7th Gen

Hello,

I am having an issue with many Alexa skills on Fire HD 7th Gen. Many of the skills don't result in the correct action and instead open the apps page doing a keyword search instead.

I have reported this to amazon a number of times without a solution and I also recently tried a factory reset which also did not resolve the issue. Yesterday the Amazon rep claimed this was happening on her devices too so said she will log the issue with the developers and would be in touch.

I have searched high and low on the internet and cannot find any mention of other users having this issue; which is strange if it was a common issue. Maybe these skills are not well used, but still I would expect to find someting. The issue started sometime in January and before that the skills worked fine.

Can I ask a favour please? Could someone with Fire HD8 7th Gen try:

- Go to the alexa app and enable the "true or false" skill.
    - Once enabled, say "alexa, play true or false".

What's the result? Does it play the game or open the amazon app store?

This issue also occurs with other skills like "would you rather", "animal game" , "i'm bored" and many others.

I would appreciate any feedback, seems bizzare that this would be a known issue and no one has reported it...unless no one uses these skills?

Thanks very much!
    Frank

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Non of the voice recognition systems are particularly good at recognising voices, particularly ones with accents, so thats nearky every body, my sisters alexia main ude is provieding amusement at how stupid it is, i gave up on them a long time ago, decieding its was far quicker to type., Turn it off and find something else to do with your time

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links