Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Old guitarist needs memory nudging while performing

This is a discussion on Old guitarist needs memory nudging while performing within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I am new here. I am a singer/songwriter/guitarist and I'm looking for help with one of the main uses I bought my Fire for. I ...

Member #

Cool Old guitarist needs memory nudging while performing

I am new here. I am a singer/songwriter/guitarist and I'm looking for help with one of the main uses I bought my Fire for. I want to put all of my chord/lyric sheets in it so I can easily take them with me and use them for performance. I know there are some people using their computer tablets for this and I'd like to find people who are using their Fire so I can be sure what they are doing will work for me. I have been experimenting with a teleprompter app but it's not ideal. The guitar tab apps are far from ideal too. Then there's the problem of getting the documents into the Fire. I have OCR software and that seems like the quickest and easiest way I've found so far but I'm hoping there is a less time-consuming way. I know the chords and lyrics for songs can be found online but I have yet to find any that are without mistakes. I would love to pick the brain of anyone doing this with their Fire. Maybe we can help each other.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Are you talking entire tab sheets or just lyrics and chords. The absolutely easiest way to get them to the fire is to edit them on a computer save as a word doc and print it with a pdf printer to create a .pdf. Then send the files as attachments to emails to yourusername@kindle.com and they will load automatically (after you sync) to your registered Fire.

The word files will read like ebooks...which usually makes it necessary to scroll to see the entire doc. The pdf files will load as a page and allow you to enlarge to fill the screen. They are smallish, but if the song is only 3 or 4 choruses long you should be able to read them on a music stand without having to scroll the screen....especially if you know the song and only need memory jogs.

btw this is my favorite site for lyrics and chords Fresh Tabs : Guitar, Bass, Guitar pro and Power tabs

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Ultimate Guitar Tabs is a good app; I've been using it for a couple years. It's $2.99.

Member #

Scrolling lyrics

I'm using LyricsTextScroller. It's free. You can copy/paste most of lyricstextes from lyricssites into the editor.
    The program has a scroller (autoque) an editor and browser with al functionality for managing your files.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links