Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sluggish Screen Response On Kindle Fire 8 HD

This is a discussion on Sluggish Screen Response On Kindle Fire 8 HD within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I purchased the Kindle Fire 8 HD a couple weeks ago. I have been using Messageease text entry since the Palm handheld days. I loaded ...

Member #

Sluggish Screen Response On Kindle Fire 8 HD

I purchased the Kindle Fire 8 HD a couple weeks ago. I have been using Messageease text entry since the Palm handheld days. I loaded it on my daughters Kindle fire to make sure it worked before purchasing my Kindle fire. There is a game app along with it to help you learn and increase your speed. I practiced with it and my scores were very low. When I played on my phone the scores were much faster. I tried a couple of digitizer calibration apps and no luck. I googled more apps and found an app called Touchscreen Repair. The issue with the kindle was the response time of the screen and this app improved it in a very noticeable way. Why is the Amazon app store so limited on applications and there functions. I also use an app called Wifi Transfer Pro. The version of this app at the Amazon app store has very limited function. I side loaded the full functioning version and it works great. Before I found Touchscreen Repair I was thinking about giving my kindle to my Australian cattle dog for a chew toy and buying a Samsung tablet.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by reb1 View Post
    I purchased the Kindle Fire 8 HD a couple weeks ago. I have been using Messageease text entry since the Palm handheld days. I loaded it on my daughters Kindle fire to make sure it worked before purchasing my Kindle fire. There is a game app along with it to help you learn and increase your speed. I practiced with it and my scores were very low. When I played on my phone the scores were much faster. I tried a couple of digitizer calibration apps and no luck. I googled more apps and found an app called Touchscreen Repair. The issue with the kindle was the response time of the screen and this app improved it in a very noticeable way. Why is the Amazon app store so limited on applications and there functions. I also use an app called Wifi Transfer Pro. The version of this app at the Amazon app store has very limited function. I side loaded the full functioning version and it works great. Before I found Touchscreen Repair I was thinking about giving my kindle to my Australian cattle dog for a chew toy and buying a Samsung tablet.
    There not really a gaming tablet, your phone undoubtedly cost far more, would you buy t a mini and complain it's not a Lamborghini ??.

If top performance is what you want buy the premium product and pay the premium price. The Samsung 8" is nearly 4 times the price, you have to be realistic in what you expect from it

It's quite possible that the more mature which seems to be the fires main customer base, don't want an over zippy screen, that's not good with arthritic fingers and most certainly don't want to play world of war craft on it, but anyway, they are much better if you don't have an excess of apps running, they really re not a multly tasking device

AND if you've put Google play in it? That makes it very laggy, Amazon apps have to be specially written to work well in the fire, some app developers can't be bothered, side loaded apps may but probably won't work very wel, if they have been written for 8 core processors l,
    Last edited by jobo; 07-23-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Member #
    The tablet is a tool I don't play games on it. The Messageease game is a training tool to learn or get faster on Messageease. The touchscreen repair app took care of a poor programing problem. The tablet is not laggy. I purchased the tablet without adds. I use an apk app on my Nexus 6 and send the apks to my computer and back to my Kindle. My phone is a toy. I rooted it the day I bought it. I have a game controller that the phone attaches to. I have several ps1 games running on it. I watch Netflix in the parking lot at Walmart when the wife alleges she will be quick an only purchase a few items. I am looking at the larger book readers with android on them for my next purchase. I like the battery life on them for school and travel use.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by reb1 View Post
    The tablet is a tool I don't play games on it. The Messageease game is a training tool to learn or get faster on Messageease. The touchscreen repair app took care of a poor programing problem. The tablet is not laggy. I purchased the tablet without adds. I use an apk app on my Nexus 6 and send the apks to my computer and back to my Kindle. My phone is a toy. I rooted it the day I bought it. I have a game controller that the phone attaches to. I have several ps1 games running on it. I watch Netflix in the parking lot at Walmart when the wife alleges she will be quick an only purchase a few items. I am looking at the larger book readers with android on them for my next purchase. I like the battery life on them for school and travel use.
    ???? So if there's no problem what have you come on moaning about, ?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links