Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Pulse update

This is a discussion on Pulse update within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have an Android smartphone. Earier this week, I saw that there was an update avalable on my phone for the Pulse app, which I ...

Thread: Pulse update

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Pulse update

I have an Android smartphone. Earier this week, I saw that there was an update avalable on my phone for the Pulse app, which I use on both my phone and my Kindle Fire.

I checked for the update on my Fire, and it wasn't available. I had often heard that Amazon is slow on releasing updates for apps through its App Store, so I figured I'd jump the gun and transfer the new apk off my phone and replace the one on the Fire with the newer vesion.

When I went to install it on the Fire, I got a message saying something to the effect of "This is a system app. Are you sure you want to replace it?". I paused for a second, and thought "what harm can it cause - it's not really a system app", and went ahead and installed it.

The next day, I noticed that one of the icons on my Favorites shelf was just a grey square. I clicked on it, and the Pulse app opened. So now, instead of the Pulse logo icon, I have a grey square lol. The app runs fine, though.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    You might try clearing the data in the "Appstore" app. I've found on a couple of occasions that this straightened out confusion on the part of the KF as to what was actually on my device.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Clear the data? Not sure I want to do that...

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
    Clear the data? Not sure I want to do that...
    Yes, I meant "clear the data." I didn't come to that conclusion on my own. I had encountered a problem similar to yours with another app. Called Kindle support and that was the advice I was given. Worked like a charm. My guess is that all this does is synchronize the information about what you've downloaded from the appstore with the servers at Amazon. It does NOT clear the data for individual apps.

Of course, I won't take responsibility for the advice. Like all such advice on forums like this, it's worth what you're paying for it.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    if you have any doubts just delete the app and download it again, seeing that its free to start with. That way you get the updated version. I got the update on my ASUS Transformer but not on the KF same as you.......

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links