Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

android market link to phone

This is a discussion on android market link to phone within the Amazon Kindle Fire Apps forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello - I have not yet rooted my kindle fire but have played around with side loading apps such as the Go Launcher and many ...

Member #

android market link to phone

Hello - I have not yet rooted my kindle fire but have played around with side loading apps such as the Go Launcher and many others. One problem I'm having is in obtaining the apps to install. I have an iPhone rather than an android phone so I don't have a gmail account linked to an android device. This means I can't download anything from the official android marketplace. I don't mind downloading things like dolphin browser from a 3rd party site but when it comes to things like the Bank of America app I'm hesitant to install it from an unknown source. It would also be convenient for those few paid apps I would like to purchase for my kindle fire. Does anyone know a way to like my google account to an android phone without actually buying an android phone?he

I have been using 1mobile.com to get most of my apps but there are a few missing from there (or arn't the current version). What other good sites are available to obtain apps? This is my first foray into the android OS, coming from iOS, so the fact that there are multiple app stores blows my mind.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Last edited by jamalicious; 02-18-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I've been an android phone user for over two years, so I don't have your problem, but I know that a surprising number of apps can be obtained directly from the developers' web sites. For the BofA app, it may be available on BofA's website.

In addition to 1mobile, there's getjar, another app market for android apps. There's also slideme (I think its site is actually slideme.org).

Remember that any app obtained outside of the Amazon App Store will need to be re-downloaded and re-installed if it gets updated. Amazon is notoriously slow on releasing updates for apps. On the other hand, remember too that not every update of an app represents a huge improvement over the previous version; many times there may be an update to address a problem with a device that you may not have.

Member #
    Im having the same problems, I just keep looking around until I find something with the most updated version

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links