Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Logitech Revue Companion Box

This is a discussion on Logitech Revue Companion Box within the Amazon Kindle Fire Accessories forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Thinking of adding this on my Christmas want list lol. I think it can control my all my media devices like the harmony remote. As ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times

Logitech Revue Companion Box

Thinking of adding this on my Christmas want list lol.
    I think it can control my all my media devices like the harmony remote. As well as having google tv.
    What do you guys think?
    Would this stream pictures and videos from my Thunderbolt as well?

Amazon.com: Logitech Revue Companion Box with Google TV and Keyboard Controller: Electronics

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I love my Revue.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jblalock77 View Post
    I love my Revue.
    Great! So it can control other devices? Can I stream photos from my Thunderbolt or PC?
    Do you have the android app as well?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Okay well Cakes and I both got logitech revue. We needed something to tide us over whilst waiting on the fire.
    So far I am loving it. The revue will be even better with the honeycomb update. Dozens of comments on the Web suggest it should be here any day. But, I think if the update isn't here after Thanksgiving that Cakes and I will just go ahead and install the leaked honeycomb. Also, so far I am loving the revue Android app. UI could be prettier. But, I think the app will work even better on the fire.
    I am looking forward to streaming some movie content from Amazon as well. Should be fun.:-)

~~Sent by a Bolt aka Angry Bird Slayer~~

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks for the info! Sounds like a great deal. Add another one to mah wish list...

Tapped from the dark side...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I used my logitech app last night whilst watching dvd movies. Sucked my battery down like a slurpee LOL
    But it does all the functions of the original remote.

Main Page of Logitech Revue App
    screenshot-1318035510598.jpg

My AV Player
    screenshot-1318035461575.jpg screenshot-1318035471532.jpg screenshot-1318035490416.jpg

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm impressed that apps are available to take over our home theater devices. I'm also a bit underwhelmed with how immature these apps are. My ancient Pronto touchscreen remote, and the The Logitech Harmony remotes are still far better and a decade more mature than any android app is for home theater control that I'm going to give them a wait and see approach. They have basic functionality now. They still need to improve graphically, ergonomically, and functionally by adding macro sequencing (activities) and so on.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
    I'm impressed that apps are available to take over our home theater devices. I'm also a bit underwhelmed with how immature these apps are. My ancient Pronto touchscreen remote, and the The Logitech Harmony remotes are still far better and a decade more mature than any android app is for home theater control that I'm going to give them a wait and see approach. They have basic functionality now. They still need to improve graphically, ergonomically, and functionally by adding macro sequencing (activities) and so on.
    I totally agree. I kind of thought I would be able to use the revue more as a harmony type remote. But I am still ending up getting a harmony 880. Now I am looking at insteon home automation. Looks so cool!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links