Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mobile WiFi

This is a discussion on Mobile WiFi within the Amazon Kindle Fire Accessories forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Yep! A lot of it depends on the individual tower your connected to, and how much user load it has...generally speaking, early afternoons and late ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile WiFi

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Yep! A lot of it depends on the individual tower your connected to, and how much user load it has...generally speaking, early afternoons and late evenings are best for vid streaming on the tower closest to my house. Early am and early evening are the worst periods. Too much data demand on the tower.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    my cousin has a mobile hotspot on his samsung galaxy tablet.

Member #
    About a week ago I purchased a Seagate Goflex Satellite and am very pleased. It's the size of a conventional "pocket" drive and stores 500G worth of data. It transmits a wifi signal which the KF can receive and can stream MP4 movies to the Kindle. I have a fairly large library of MP4 movies and have moved a fair number of them over to the Goflex. I can stream them over to the fire for smooth viewing and synchronous sound.

The Goflex Satellite has a rechargeable battery which is supposed to be good for 5 hours, though I haven't tested that yet. I also haven't checked the range of the wifi signal but all of the promotional pictures show it within an arms length. It's really designed as a way of carrying a large video library along with a Kindle and for that it seems to do the job.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Verizon mobile "hotspot" here. It's a 4G/LTE model that typically runs 7-10 times faster than 3G. Easily enough to stream video when I'm in a 4G service area (which I usually am.) Cost is $50 per month for 5 gigs on a two year contract. Works pretty much flawlessly. I travel frequently and have to have internet access wherever I go for my laptop and iPad so the KF is a simple add-on since the hotspot supports up to five devices simultaneously.

Setup was a no brainer. Just turn on the hotspot and the KF found it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links