Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Protective film for the kindle screen

This is a discussion on Protective film for the kindle screen within the Amazon Kindle Fire Accessories forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; hi all, first of all is the general consensus the kindle should have a protective film over it? if so, can users rec'd a reasonably ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Protective film for the kindle screen

hi all,

first of all is the general consensus the kindle should have a protective film over it?

if so, can users rec'd a reasonably priced one that does the job...thanks

Member #
    I have a screen protector and case on mine. I'm the same way with my cell phones since I tend to be a tad accident prone lol. I cant remember the exact name of what I have, but I got them on amazon at the same time I ordered the Fire

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    It's all a matter of personal preference. I use a Case Crown black leather case and a New Trent screen protector. Got them both from Amazon but can't remember what they cost. The screen protector is a little thicker than others I've used on smartphones and went on easily with absolutely no air bubbles. Only took a few minutes to put them on both my wife and my Fires. They do take away some of the "sharpness" of the screen. It was really noticeable at first but not so much now.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    I run my devices without a screen protector. I do have my Fire and Tab in covers though, a ROOCASE executive on the Fire and Zaggfolio on the Tab. I carry my phone in a holster. Between my toddler daughter and my clumsiness it has been proven the screens on newer devices are tougher than nails and grit

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    i love the sharpness of the screen without a "screen protector" and am wondering that if the screen should become scratched could it not be buffed out?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by soulfulms View Post

hi all,

first of all is the general consensus the kindle should have a protective film over it?

if so, can users rec'd a reasonably priced one that does the job...thanks
    We think it's always best to "Protect your Investment" and play it safe with case's and screen protector's.
    Check out our Anti-Glare, Anti-Finger Print Screen Protector's. They protect your screen and keep it looking clean.

Member #
    With my Fire, I use Marware's leather case and a screen protector by Skinomi. Completely satisfied with both. For those folks who're a tad apprehensive about applying a screen protector — the Skinomi was very easily laid down and has not had a negative impact on glare, visual crispness nor screen sensitivity.
    It doesn't take all kinds; we just have all kinds....

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I use the GreatShield. It goes on easily and is very clear.

Member #
    I just boy the new ZAGG HD screen protector and do not notice a difference. I cannot see my kindle fire in direct light.

Member #
    So, you've splashed out on a new kindle, and it's your latest gadget that you can enjoy and take great pride and joy over, and you need a way of protecting your kindle from scratches, dirty hands and potential falls to the floor. A kindle cover or case is great for protecting your new gadget. There are a range of cases and covers available to you. It's important to protect your kindle to ensure it has a long life and to keep it looking new.

Ads