Sep 26, 2011 - 12:25 PM - by wicked
Welcome to kindle-fireforum.com.com - the largest Kindle Fire Forum covering all Kindle Fire models, such as the Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire PaperWhite. We feature tons of information and help. We aim to be a friendly, educational community dedicated to all things Amazon Kindle Fire related. We offer assistance with Android, Amazon Tablet Apps, Accessories, Development, Amazon Kindle Fire Help and more. If you need to purchase a Kindle Fire, you can do so here: Purchase Amazon Kindle Fire.
To take full advantage of the site, we ask that you please Register - It's quick and free.You can take advantage of some of our most popular features on the site which are linked below.
Nov 18, 2013 - 4:06 PM - by dgstorm
Amazon just released the newest version of their Kindle Fire OS. This one is for the Kindle Fire HD and the HDX. Here's the full changelog below:
Kindle Fire OS 3.1 changelog:
- Find and share books with Goodreads: Goodreads on Kindle lets you connect with the Goodreads community to follow friends and see what they are reading, and share and rate books on your Kindle Fire.
- Organize your content with Cloud Collections: Organize your content library into collections like "Favorite Books" and "Sports Apps" that are synchronized with compatible Kindle devices and reading apps.
- Watch movies and TV shows on another device with Second Screen: Fling movies and TV shows from your Kindle Fire to your 2013 Samsung Smart TV or PlayStation 3 using Second Screen.
- Learn more about books with Smart Lookup: With the Smart Lookup feature, you can quickly look up words in the dictionary or Wikipedia or translate text in a book.
- Print from Your Kindle Fire: Print Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents, photos, e-mails, calendar events, and contact information from your Kindle Fire to a printer that supports mobile printing.
- Free up storage space with 1-Tap Archive: With 1-Tap Archive, your Kindle Fire groups all content that has not been used recently so you can move it to the Cloud with just one tap.
- Enhanced enterprise features: Manage security certificates and connect to your company’s Wi-Fi network—whether you’re at home or at work—with remote VPN capabilities.
- Set alarms and view additional time zones with the Clock app: Use the all-new Clock app to check the date and time, set an alarm clock, and more.
Oct 21, 2013 - 11:48 AM - by dgstorm
Amazon has been very smart lately to cover their bases when it comes to potential future patent litigation. Based upon their large array of new patents over the past few years, their R&D department has been working overtime to come up with new innovations. Their latest patent seems to confirm earlier rumors they will be launching a smartphone with a real world 3D imaging and object recognition engine/sensor built in.
The idea behind this is that you can use your phone to take a picture of an object and it will recognize it to help you search for and purchase it on Amazon. It's called the “User guided object identification” patent, and the pics you can see in this post help showcase the concept.
For now, it is just a patent, so this isn't really proof that Amazon can already implement this in their oft-rumored smartphone. Of course, this is a brilliant idea for the retailer, so it's entirely possible it could show up in their first smartphone. If not, you can be it is technology they are working on to implement in some future Amazon device.
Oct 17, 2013 - 10:25 AM - by dgstorm
Just yesterday we shared a story that HTC and Amazon might be teaming up to make forked Android Kindle smartphones. We already have a follow-up article with more details. According to this new report, Amazon and HTC have been in talks since at least June of this year "to develop handsets for sale to users of the Amazon Prime service." The main reason for this is supposedly that Amazon wants to have more devices which access their Amazon Instant Video service. They also want to sell phones through subscriptions with carriers.
One other detail suggests that Amazon has not yet fully committed to the idea, but that both companies have already devoted some time and resources to this project so it looks like a distinct possibility. Here's a quote with a few more details,
What do you guys think? Could this be an idea that helps save HTC and helps Amazon break into this business?
Three devices are being discussed by Amazon and HTC, the Financial Times reported earlier, citing people familiar with the project it didn’t name.
“HTC doesn’t comment on rumors and speculation,” the Taoyuan, Taiwan-based company said in an e-mailed response yesterday. Drew Herdener, a spokesman for Seattle-based Amazon, didn’t return a request for comment.
Oct 16, 2013 - 3:21 PM - by dgstorm
Here's a bit of news which could end up being a bright light for the ailing HTC company. There are hints that Amazon may work out a partnership with them to produce the oft-rumored Kindle smartphones. Supposedly, Amazon is already in the advanced stages of developing one of three different devices. The report said the following,
Of course for now, we are very skeptical until we find out something more. Still, could this be a wise move for both of these companies? HTC gets saved from the brink of collapse while Amazon gets a company with a solid infrastructure to build their phones. What do you guys think?
According to the report, “Amazon is working with HTC to develop a range of smartphones as the e-commerce company steps up efforts to compete with Apple and Google.” One of the sources FT was in touch with claims that the Amazon and HTC are developing three devices, and at least one is “at an advanced stage of development.” Another source says the release timetable is constantly evolving. Amazon has remained adamant on its stance that it will not enter the smartphone fray this year. HTC also declined to comment on the FT report, but HTC CMO Ben Ho said that his company is “always exploring new opportunities.”
» Recent Threads
» Search tags for this page
kindle fire forum,
kindle fire forums,
kindle fire hd forum,
kindle fire hd forums,
kindle fire help,
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Welcome to our newest member, laziale
» Site Navigation
» Today's Birthdays
6 members and 167 guests
Most users ever online was 7,301, 07-22-2012 at 06:34 PM.